Art & Birth Prints Information & Care
Thank you for choosing to have a little piece of our art in your space!
Each piece is hand drawn, photographed or painted by us! Our art style is often intended to be perfectly imperfect!
From February 2024 we have chosen to make our Birth Prints digital only. This means the file is yours for life and you can reprint over time as many time as you need to to get matching paper for prints for future little ones!
Your file will be emailed to you within 48 hours of purchase. You will receive two files; 1) a PDF version of your print, 2) a PNG version of your print. Both files that you receive will be made to a 100% scale of the print size that you order and will need to be printed to 100% scale in order for the baby’s length to be true to size.
You will need to take both of these to a local print shop that has a wide format printer (Most Officeworks will be able to assist). We recommend that you choose a paper that suits you, keeping in mind that better quality will last longer.
Your birth print pdf file will be done to CYMK colour output. The PNG can be printed in CYMK or RGB. Please remember that all printers, paper and print settings can produce a different colour for your print. Therefore the final printed colour may vary slightly from the online colour swatches.
Some handy tips before you open your new pieces:
Leave your art in its packaging until it’s time to frame! This will make sure it stays perfect when framed.
When you are ready to frame, remove your art carefully from the packaging. Please keep your art away from the stickers used to secure your packaging during transit.
Framing - Check the size of the print you are ordering at the time of order.
- Choose a frame prior to ordering if you can, then you can choose a print to suit your frame!
- For big frames (50 x 70, 60 x 90, 61 x 91, 61 x91.5) we recommend places like Ikea, Kmart, Spotlight.
- For standard Australian sizing (A4, A3, A2, A1) you can look at the above stores plus places like Officeworks, Freedom, Big W, Country Road.
- Norsu Interiors also stock some beautiful quality frames in most sizes.
- If you have your heart set on the perfect frame, head to a local framer. They can build frames to your specifications!
- Prints can be framed with or without a matte Consider if you like this look before purchasing your frame.
Enjoy your new art!